The Seventh Workshop on
Fault-Tolerant Spaceborne Computing Employing New Technologies, 2014
Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM
June 16-19, 2014
Organized by: JPL, Sandia, USC/ISI, Honeywell
|Marti Bancroft, Consultant||Larry Bergman, JPL|
|Steve Crago, USC/ISI||Erik DeBenedictis, Sandia|
|Mitch Fletcher, Honeywell||Hung Nguyen, Sandia|
|John Samson, Honeywell||Rafi Some, JPL|
This is notice of and a call for participation for the seventh workshop on space computing. The main sessions are June 17-19, 2014, with working group sessions on June 16, in Albuquerque. Note that the only activities on the 19th are "closed."
Like previous years, the topic will be R&D for next generation spacecraft computing systems, including hardware, security/trust, software, and applications.
SOLICITATION FOR PRESENTATIONS
This year, the meeting will be focused on multi-organizational projects and collaborative R&D that could contribute to building space processors and their applications. The organizers are issuing through this page an invitation for presentations on projects or capabilities. Please respond via e-mail to any of the organizers and include a semi-formal proposal.
WORKING GROUPS AND SOLICITATION FOR OTHER WORKING GROUPS
We will have working groups as in past years. Some working groups have been organized already and we are soliciting ideas and participation in organizing others:
- 3D Stacking
- Memory Technology
The conference has a capacity for other working groups, and we are soliciting ideas and organizers. If you would like to propose a working group, please contact one of the organizers.
ASSOCIATED USER GROUP AND SOLICITATION FOR USER GROUPS
The following will be held in conjunction with the meeting.
ATTENDENCE AND REGISTRATION FEEAttendance is by invitation only.
If you are in the industry and would like an invitation, please call Erik DeBenedictis (505) 284-4017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee is $170 (but see next paragraph). The fee is set to cover the cost of food due principally to gifting regulations pertaining to government participants.
Register at the Sandia Webpay website at https://cfwebprod.sandia.gov/cfdocs/ccpwa/
and selecting "Fault-Tolerant Spaceborne Computing Using New Technologies 2014
" as the event name.
If payment of a registration fee creates difficulties, please call Erik DeBenedictis (505) 284-4017 or e-mail email@example.com and we will work out alternative arrangements.
The meeting will include information at various levels of sensitivity.
- Some sessions on the schedule will indicate the information is sensitive (i. e. export controlled and proprietary). Attendees not eligible to receive specific information will be asked to leave the meeting room as needed.
- There will be Government session that may be attended by only Government, FFRDC, and SETA employees.
- While the entire meeting is by invitation only, there may be additional invitation-only sessions not posted on the Internet.
Foreign nationals will require a badge to enter DOE facilities. Foreign nationals should contact the conference sponsors immediately about a badge and should plan on stopping at the Sandia badge office about 1/2 mile away before first entering DOE premises.
The associated hotel is the Sheraton at Menaul and Lousiana (same as the past few years). Please go to this website: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/FaultTolerantSpaceborne
or Call the Sheraton directly 800-325-3535. Group name "Fault-Tolerant Spaceborne Computing." Rate: $83 per night.
DIRECTIONSThe meeting will be held at several locations:
- We expect all evening activities to be at the associated hotel in the uptown area of Albuquerque.
- Except as noted above, open portions of the meeting will be held at Sandia's Computer Science Research Institute (CSRI) building on 1450 Innovation Parkway, Albuquerque, NM 87123 (map below). This facility is outside of Kirtland Air Force Base; visitors please do not try to enter Kirtland Air Force Base as you will probably not succeed and it will cause quite a delay. US Citizens may go directly to the CSRI building; foreign nationals will need to make arrangements for a badge and then go to the badge office.
- Closed portions of the meeting will be held in other buildings at Sandia; meet at the CSRI building for directions.
POINTS OF CONTACT
Document date May 13, 2014.
- Erik DeBenedictis, Sandia, firstname.lastname@example.org, (505) 284-4017
- Marti Bancroft, MBC, marti at dragonsden dot com
- Larry Bergman, JPL, Larry dot A dot Bergman at jpl dot nasa dot gov
- Steve Crago, USC/ISI, crago at isi dot edu
- Mitch Fletcher, Honeywell, mitch dot fletcher at honeywell dot com
- Hung Nguyen, Sandia, hdnguye at sandia dot gov
- John Samson, Honeywell, john dot r dot samson at honeywell dot com
- Rafi Some, JPL, raphael dot r dot some at jpl dot nasa dot gov